Connect with us

PWM Controller Troubles

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Cccf, Feb 28, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Cccf

Cccf

Feb 28, 2016
    So, I'm trying to motorize a bicycle using a 12v 26a max dc motor. I recently bought a 40a max pwm speed controller, and it worked fine for a bit. Unfortunately, I left the circuit board exposed on the workbench and it shorted out on a stray bit of metal. I can't see any visible damage, but the controller no longer works; the motor just runs at full power whenever I connect it. I saw a component in there that looked like a fuse, but it has four terminals, and I can't tell whether it has blown or not. I also found that there is a 555 ic, which I have an extra of lying around. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    If this is one of the $5.00 PWM controllers on ebay, they are typically 555 based and use a Mosfet for the PWM drive, you most likely have blown this, one source of replacements would be Digikey.
    M.

3. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    For $5.00, just buy another board. The parts will cost more than the module.

Ask a Question