Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Purchasing an EEPROM programmer

flippineck

Sep 8, 2013
I have a chip I would like to try reading and writing to as a learning excercise:
W25Q128FVPQ (WSON package)
https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/506494/WINBOND/W25Q128FV.html

I'd like to purchase an EEPROM flash programmer for the purpose. It would be nice if the programmer I buy is relatively straightforward to use yet capable of interfacing with a good number of memory chips besides the specific one I'm starting with.

I've been looking at CH341 devices which seem suitable at a first uninitiated glance, they seem cheap and there seems to be quite a lot of support around the web?

Any recommendations from experience?

I should retitle my question, I've discovered there are differences between flash and EEPROM..

Last edited by a moderator:

flippineck

Sep 8, 2013
Second link above shows two very useful WSON-8 sockets mounted on a small PCB. Can those discrete sockets be obtained fresh / new / unsoldered / on their own from anywhere? I'd sure find those useful. I've looked in all the usual places I tend to try (ebay, cpc, rs components) but reasonably priced examples seem to be completely unavailable! I've seen a couple of places selling them at silly prices though.

The exact chip I'm working with at the moment is a 25Q128FVPQ which is the WSON-8 6X5-mm (6.0x5.0x0.80mm) package.

Love the aliexpress pogo connector, thanks, will definitely try and get hold of one of those :)