Connect with us

pummer circuit help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mpb, Nov 3, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mpb

mpb

Nov 3, 2012
    hello all i have made a pummer circuit on a breadboard and i am stumped i hooked everything up correctly and hooked two 1.5v AAA batteries to give the circuit 3v that are not rechargeable to make sure the are charged. when i hook up the batteries t the circuit nothing happens. but here is where i get really confused. when i hook up multi tester to the diode on the diode setting the light blinks (the circuit works fine) weather or not the AAA batteries are hooked up to the circuit or not. but when i hook the leads on the tester up backwards on the diode it doesnt work. i tried reversing the diode and running it on the AAAs 3v supply and even tried a different diode no mater what i do the circuit only works when the tester is hooked up to the diode. anyone know what im doing wrong i can post pics if needed.:confused::confused:

2. mpb

mpb

Nov 3, 2012
    also i think it may be a power issue when i put the two testing leads on the positive and negative on the breadboard it works

Ok to sum it up. It runs when i use the tester on the diode setting applies to the buss bars but not with my two aaa s. Hooked up. Also. When i sest the voltage on.my two AaaS it cokes out to 8 v. And when i test one batterie it comes out to 4 volts. It should be.1.5v a cell and 3v series. Whats going on???

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi mpb
    welcome to the forums :)

OK now that I have googled pummer circuit, I get an idea of what you are trying to do
    BUT all pummer circuits use a solar panel ;)

that aside, we really need to see the circuit diagram of your construction. The problem most probably lies in a wiring fault or poor circuit design, where-ever you got it from

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question