Maker Pro
Maker Pro

pulse generators

simon.j.elliott

Sep 28, 2014
Hi out there i,m new and need some help.I wanted to create a micro transmitter and receiever to track animals under ground approx 4m range,so i ordered 2 NE555 adjustable frequency pulse generators from amazon which should arrive shortly.What i need to know that the circuits i,ve ordered will do the job,if not is there anything out there that i can make to do this?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I think your going to need an RF transmitter and receiver. I don't think the 555 timer is going to work very well. Is this under soil or rock? I think your going to need a quite powerful transmitter to get through that much ground substance. And an receiver that has signal strength indication and a directional antenna. What accuracy are you after? Can you explain a bit more about the project?
Adam

simon.j.elliott

Sep 28, 2014
Hi out there i,m new and need some help.I wanted to create a micro transmitter and receiever to track animals under ground approx 4m range,so i ordered 2 NE555 adjustable frequency pulse generators from amazon which should arrive shortly.What i need to know that the circuits i,ve ordered will do the job,if not is there anything out there that i can make to do this?
I think your going to need an RF transmitter and receiver. I don't think the 555 timer is going to work very well. Is this under soil or rock? I think your going to need a quite powerful transmitter to get through that much ground substance. And an receiver that has signal strength indication and a directional antenna. What accuracy are you after? Can you explain a bit more about the project?
Adam
Ref your reply i go rabbiting not everyone,s cup of tea but i provide a service for my local farmers and for years i have used other peoples locators,so this is my project make my own.sometimes my ferrets end up 10ft down but usually only about 6ft but when your not sure were they are you scan about.The whole project as far as i can see revolves around the collar transmitter this has to be strong enough as you have suggested the problem is keeping it micro the receiver can be what ever size.signal strength is important as is a directional antenna.I know that you can buy these things but i very much enjoy the challenge if you can help in anyway or become part of it that would be great.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi Simon

I don't think you will be able to do what you want to, given the size and weight limits and the amount of attenuation that would be caused by that much earth. I may be wrong. Do a Google search for similar products and you will see what the practical limitations are.

simon.j.elliott

Sep 28, 2014
You need my "ferret finder" circuit. I has a depth gauge.
hi chap you seem to have what i want does that include the collar circuit are you able to send me it, [email removed] can you give a list of components and i will build it cheers simon

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
The collar circuit is the whole secret of the design.
That's why no-one has realized how it works.

Attachments

• FerretFinder.gif
    FerretFinder.gif
    3 KB · Views: 435

simon.j.elliott

Sep 28, 2014
The collar circuit is the whole secret of the design.
That's why no-one has realized how it works.
now colin thanks just got back from dropping the misses off had a look and yes i agree the collar is the key. how did you find this did you take a collar apart?what voltage do i need to fire the circuit 3v or more

simon.j.elliott

Sep 28, 2014
sorry col just expanded the circuit diagram and one of my questions has been answered cheers again what about the receiver

simon.j.elliott

Sep 28, 2014

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
The operation of the circuit is much more complex than you think.
I have never seen it presented before.
Not only is it a blocking oscillator but it is jammed for 99% of the time to produce a 300Hz tone.

simon.j.elliott

Sep 28, 2014
The operation of the circuit is much more complex than you think.
I have never seen it presented before.
Not only is it a blocking oscillator but it is jammed for 99% of the time to produce a 300Hz tone.
hi colin i take it you could supply all the parts for the collar at a price or could you send me 5 circuits all made up?