Maker Pro
Maker Pro

pulse generators

Boris96

Mar 4, 2013
Hello every one, I am new to this forum and new to electronics but have a question to ask on a strange project I am running with my dad.

We are trying to make a device which doctors in previous generations used to use to treat paralysis associated with strokes. Its similar to those games you get that give you a small electrical shock when you lose but we want the shock to be sustained ie cycled at a high frequency. Dont ask, its creation has resulted from a long stading family joke.

The machine has been built using a home made coil and some degree of success has been achived using a contact breaker from an old bell trembler to make and break the circuit in the coil. The resulting output is nothing short of rough due to the irregular and erratic movement of the bell trembler but gives the desired result in terms of the shock output.

What I could do with is a cheap electronnic solution to the bell trembler to make the output frequency much smoother and adjustable, such as pulse generator that can run off 12 volts DC and is capable of pulsing the same voltage into the coil. Is there something that can be purchased off the shelf or easily made from componets to do this?

Any help greatfuly recieved.

Boris