Connect with us

Pulse delay circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Emam, Jan 8, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Emam

Emam

Jul 7, 2014
    Hello,
    I am searching a circuit which can delay an input pulse to 0-30 ms. In other words, the input of the circuit is pulse of 80 V, with rising time=0. At the output of the circuit I would like to have the same pulse but with rising edge at time T (0-30 ms).
    I want to have a delay (T) dependent to the external voltage.
    Is it possible?
    Thank you in advance

2. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Well.. my initial thought for the process is a shift register, and a voltage controlled oscillator that will control the rate at which the pulse is stored in the register before being shifted out. Can your provide details on the pulse?
    Is there a hold time for how long the pulse needs to remain high?
    My method would not allow 0ms delay, but could potentially get close... I wonder if someone else has a more suitable option.

3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Why don't you tell us about your whole project.

WHY do you need to do this? Where is the input pulse coming from? What is the output pulse used for? Why do you need to vary the delay? What is the delay control signal coming from?

There are lots of ways to do what you describe, but some will be a lot more appropriate than others, and we can't really say which way is best without knowing about the overall project.

Ask a Question