Connect with us

Proper Ground

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by CMA, May 27, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. CMA

CMA

May 12, 2017
    I am not 100% sure how to explain my question about how to ground properly... I tried to search online but not answer what I asked.

Take a look at this Figure A and B... (green line circle = any load such as headlight, horn or whatever)

Which is most correct? best efficient, reliability, etc

[​IMG]

I like figure A because it's easy to wire the ground wire anywhere onto the car steel body .... Figure B required an extremely long wire for ground.

Thanks.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The car chassis has less resistance than a very long wire.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    agree with Steve .... So "A" is your choice

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    "A" is the best but you need good connections. I have wasted a lot of time finding rusty connections. A red hot choke cable is not good.:)
    I clean the area with abrasive, make the connection and then slop WaxOyl on it in the hope that further corrosion will not occur.

bushtech likes this.
  5. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    ....and solder your joints...nothing worse than bad connections from those rubbish 2 second telstra type insulation displacement connectors.

bushtech likes this.
  6. CMA

CMA

May 12, 2017
    1. so the steel unibody is better than copper wire... is it because of area?
    2. yes of course, duke37... the proper connector job is very important. and need to sand the paint off on the steel body too.
    3. The joint the connector is also good idea... and add nylon wire loom too.

Ask a Question