Connect with us

projector

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jenningsshayne, May 14, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jenningsshayne

jenningsshayne

May 14, 2010
    Hello i brought a projector this morning its a clearcohd9000, i want to connect it to my dell computer the projector has a vga socket, but i dont know if my computer has, please help:eek:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    couldn't imagine a computer without a VGA socket. its where the monitor plugs into :rolleyes:

even laptops have a VGA socket for plugging in external monitors/ projectors etc ....

the 15 pin VGA socket looks like this .....

Attached Files:

3. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    It is very common for a desktop's video card to only have two DVI connectors and no VGA connector. In that case you need to find a DVI to VGA adapter. One likely came with your computer or video card. If not, you can pick one up at a "computer store" for an outrageous price or possibly online for a more reasonable price and an outrageous shipping charge. It is just a connector to connector adapter that brings the VGA signals from the DVI connector to a 15 pin VGA connector.

It is also not uncommon for newer laptops and especially notebooks to not have a VGA or DVI connector..

---55p

Last edited: May 14, 2010
Ask a Question