Connect with us

Projection of a moving target

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Kylie, Mar 11, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Kylie

Kylie

Mar 11, 2013
    Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way I could project the location of a bullet, from a moving object, I/e that I am moving along and want to shoot a spud gun, hitting the target which is semi stationary, is there any equipment for doing so?

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    A sight?

If you are moving and the object is relatively stationary you need to take that into consideration, it's called leading the target or deflection...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflection_(ballistics)

If the distance and speed is consistent you can use fixed sights to do this, if the variables are dynamic you have to real time crunch data either in your brain or whatever to estimate the necessary lead... If you have ever watched any WWII footage you will see that most bombers had a guy who's primary job was to do this crunching so that when the bombs were released they actually hit the target, or else the bomber was at a fixed height and speed so that the sights were already adjusted for...

3. Kylie

Kylie

Mar 11, 2013
    Thank you very much, that info was helpful. I appreciate your time.
    I am searching for a device though, that would be able to identify a moving target from potentially another moving target? Is there some kind of equipment that will assist with this, taking into consideration weather, distance, wind, etc. Even a heat seeking device?

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Sure lots of smart detection systems, many of them classified and military others much more simple like visual with a camera or IR pattern detection...

Ask a Question