Connect with us

Project Box Source Q

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ICGengineerTech, Feb 20, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ICGengineerTech

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
    I am looking for a source that sells project boxes containing multiple removable panels (the walls, top, and bottom). I have a PCB with multiple D-Sub connectors (some stacked) mounted on the rear and they are intended to go out the back of the box. I have multiple RJ connectors and LEDs mounted to the top of my PCB and those are intended to go out the top of my box with out binding or having to bend my metal. My concern is being able to mount my PCB to the top part of the box, basically under the top side, and I'm worried about getting the D-Subs and the components on the top to go through the back and the top of my box. I think if I had a project box with frame and removable panels would do the trick. Even if it had only two removable panels with one panel being the top or bottom and one being the rear or front of the box.

Can anyone help me with some links? I have tried the basics already (Mouser, Digi-Key, LMB Heeger, McMaster-Carr, Google, Ect) but the main problem I am running into is the size. My minimum size constraint is 14 1/2"Wide by 7"Deep by 4"High. I can go bigger and I'd like to by at least 20 to 40% but I can't go smaller than that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    ~Bill

2. ICGengineerTech

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
    Just to let everyone know I have found one that works.. It was right under my nose at LMB Heeger after all. It's the Uni-Pac Universal Packaging System and I think it will fit my purpose well. This is going to be the box for my project in the "Project logs" form called Test Set/Test Fixture .

~Bill

Ask a Question