Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Project at my lab(EE student)

imanuelayele

Jun 9, 2014
Hi guys,

I need some help with the next block diagram.
Any suggestion will help me alot...

Thx and enjoy!

I need to finish it two weeks from now:)

Project1.png

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
What help do you need? Make it smaller? Just resize the image in your favorite image manipulation program :D

In earnest:
  • What kind of help?
  • What do you want to achieve?
  • What have you done so far?
  • Where are you stuck?

imanuelayele

Jun 9, 2014
I try to figure out how to start.. our teacher horrible we/i can't understood him.

• Help for starting the scheme
  • To achieve a little bit of experience and knowledge.
  • honestly, nothing. I have alot of other task from college and did not start with it.(special on matlab)
Pls, if u can to suggest me some ideas to start with it?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Your teacher would not give you this assignment unless he thinks he has taught you enough that you can do it.

If you can't understand your teacher, you have bigger problems than being stuck on this assignment! You need to talk to your student advisor, head of department, or whoever. There is no point going to classes where you're not learning what you should be learning!

There is also no point waiting until you discover that you can't do an assignment then asking other people to tell you what to do. You can't ask for help when exam time comes. You are going to school to learn, right?

You need to fix the problem, and the problem seems to be that you are not learning.

imanuelayele

Jun 9, 2014
Your teacher would not give you this assignment unless he thinks he has taught you enough that you can do it.

If you can't understand your teacher, you have bigger problems than being stuck on this assignment! You need to talk to your student advisor, head of department, or whoever. There is no point going to classes where you're not learning what you should be learning!

There is also no point waiting until you discover that you can't do an assignment then asking other people to tell you what to do. You can't ask for help when exam time comes. You are going to school to learn, right?

You need to fix the problem, and the problem seems to be that you are not learning.

Dear Kris,

I did not ask to tell me "what to do", "how to do", only ask for a suggestion how to start with it!
Our academy is suck, 90% of the courses there I'm learning alone!!! I have very self-discipline!

I have 2 weeks(!!) to give the answer/task it's alot of time for this task.
Next week I will start with it and come with 2/3 solution for this block diagram.(Unfortunately,I have alot of other task to do ).
I hope you understand me now.

Wish you the best and thanks for your comment;):)

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I did not ask to tell me "what to do", "how to do", only ask for a suggestion how to start with it!
Start by thinking about which blocks you need:
  • How can you make an LED blink from a 3.3V supply voltage (Vin)?
  • How can you detect Vin <3V or Vin > 3.6V and make an LED light up in these cases?
  • How can you generate 5V from 3.3V?
  • How can you generate 3.1V from 3.3V?
Hint: read my answer carefully, the answer to drawing the block diagram is plain to see.

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
What you have been asked to do is very complex. To be dealing with 2 amps and converting voltages is a very difficult thing to do. This project is for finals exam 4th year student.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What you have been asked to do is very complex. To be dealing with 2 amps and converting voltages is a very difficult thing to do. This project is for finals exam 4th year student.

Really, just for a block diagram?

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
You can say 1Hz multivibrator, 3v3 to 5v SMPS @2A 3v1 SMPS @1A or insert Schottky diode.
You don't need to provide any parts specification, circuit layout,
The only thing you have to provide is a LID. The LID is a motorised flap that opens when the voltage is just right and the GRN LED is exposed.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The only thing you have to provide is a LID. The LID is a motorised flap that opens when the voltage is just right and the GRN LED is exposed.
Surely you dont truly mean that?

May I suggest the op very probably meant "lit", not "lid". Therefore you don't need a motorized flap, just an LED that is turned on or off according to the input voltage.

imanuelayele

Jun 9, 2014
Hi again guys,

I have some ideas to do this project.
To convert the 3.3 to 5v i put a boost convertor, to blink the blue led need to put an oscillator 555 and play with the RC to get 1 Hz blinking.
For the GRN led I will take the 5 volt and do a voltage divider for a 2 comperators to get 3<V<3.6.

It's sounds good or there is a simple way to do it?
(for the outputs I will think of something, maybe LDO for a 3.1V output)

Thx!