Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Programming processor C8051F587

ARTAS110

Jun 27, 2014
Hi,
I'm starting proramovat C8051F587 processor and do not know where to start. I need advice on how to proceed, to guide me.
Now I need defended logic 1 to the input of UART, but I do not know what all I need. Thank you very much for your help

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
proramovat = to program?
What do you mean by "defended logic"?

Have you tried a Google search for "8051 tutorial"?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
What do you want to do with the microprocessor?

What programming languages do you know?

Do you have a schematic diagram?

ARTAS110

Jun 27, 2014
For now, I need to wake up other devices on pin P0.7. By sending logic 1
Use the C language and I have a schematic diagram of the processor.
I'm new in programming Microcontrollers and do not know where to start. I use wizzard to set all pins on processor, wizzard generate file in c. Now I use Keil to flash memory and start programming control program in C.
And as I said, unfortunately I do not know how to work the clock ,IQR.....

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Before your main routine can start doing anything useful, you need to initialize all required peripherals (clock, timers, I/O-registers etc.). You should really find a tutorial and work through it.

Kris' question regarding the schematic diagram does not refer to the processor alone. In order to know how to initialize peripherals, it is required to know how they are connected to the outside. Therefore a schematic diagram of the complete circuit is required, including e.g. clock oscillators, connections to I/O-pins (which ports are used as input, which are used for output) etc.

Adding to Kris' post: those are only a few examples, Google will find tons more of tutorials for you.

ARTAS110

Jun 27, 2014
I have a complete diagram of the device. Device on prot P.07 communicates with the processor via UART. Prosecor should its clock signal to control and initialize other device. In The Wizzard can set individual I / O pins that need. But unfortunately I do not know how to deal with personal communication. How to send a given pin 1 to the target device. I look at the links posted and thank you for your help. And sorry for my English.

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
You need to do a lot of reading as you are mixing UART communication with TTL switching pins. It is not clear what you want.