Maker Pro

Program from MUC

Can we know get to know the program if a MUC is given ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a No you foolish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rabhishek91

Feb 15, 2013
Hi. I have some weird doubt.
Usually we burn/transfer the program to Micro-controller.

Can this be done the other way ?

I mean can we get to know the program from Micro-controller by any means ? :confused:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
PIC microcontrollers and be read unless you explicitly lock them against reading.

Bob

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
PIC microcontrollers and be read unless you explicitly lock them against reading.

But, most can be forced to puke up their firmware using a variety of techniques, none that I believe are suitable for in depth discussion on this forum... There are many firms in Asia that will dump micro for about $1000, trust me if you don't have a clue on how to do it yourself or have the hardware necessary the $1000 is a bargain...

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Please forgive me if this post violates the rules of the forum.:(
If so, I wouldn't mind if you lock the thread.

If the lock bit is not set and it's your firmware that you are reading off the chip everything is AOK... Just read the chip with your programmer...

If the lock bit is set and you are trying to read your own firmware send it out to one of the Asia companies that will dump the chip and provide you a copy of the firmware...

If the lock bit is set and it's not your firmware, well that would be theft and illegal in most places...

If it's a more secure chip, get out the fuming nitric acid to remove/expose the die, place it in your electron microscope to get a better idea what makes it tick (normal microscope might work in some cases) and whip out your micro probes under the microscope and hope you get lucky and can bypass the security portion of the circuit and get the chip to puke...

Last edited: