Maker Pro
Maker Pro

program code for DC Power Supply N5771A

ice

Nov 9, 2009
Hi Everybody!

as you can guess from the subject I have a problem with the DC Power Supply N5771A and I'm looking for some useful tips because I'm sure, I'm not the one who has faced this problem.
I have created a program which reduces the output voltage progressively (from 40 V to 2 V) but I have a problem when the device should apply the voltage: if I set a fix number (using a direct I/O object and a string “VOLTAGE 40”) the Power Supply responds applying the correct voltage but if I use a variable as an input for the direct I/O object (for example c with c varying from 40 to 2), the device doesn’t change the output voltage :confused:. I haven’t found any help in “direct I/O transaction” how to write a voltage which changes with time. Can maybe someone suggest me which programming code I should use?

I've already tried:
WRITE TEXT "VOLTAGE"+c REAL64 STD:4 EOL
WRITE TEXT "VOLT:LEV "+C+" <NRf>"
Thanks!!

ice

cj_elec_tech

Oct 7, 2009
Make sure you parse the text correctly to the instrument: it looks to me like you are not sending a space character between 'VOLTAGE' and the value. Of course the value of c will also need to be the text value of the voltage you want too i.e. 34h followed by 30h not 40 - maybe that's what REAL64 STD:4 is doing? I'm not sure.

It would also help us to answer your question if you supplied a little more information too - like the make of the Power Supply.
Good luck - let us know how you go :)

CJ