Connect with us

Processor 80286 _ Application errors_urgently help needed!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by sofienrekik, Sep 8, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. sofienrekik

sofienrekik

Sep 8, 2017
    dear people,

I am using a machine from the year 90’, which works with a processor 80286 ...

Everything so far worked well until the system showed me this message:

Resident portion of MODE loaded

COM2: 1200, e, 7, 2 , p

application error

, :-1:

,not, found not found matrix’

_c_’

Hit any key,

Can you clarify where the problem lies?

I would be very grateful!

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Perhaps the mode executable is from a different version of DOS than the one you're running it on?

3. sofienrekik

sofienrekik

Sep 8, 2017
    I am using this computer since 20 years, it's acually related to a machine which have only one task..I did't change the configuration..the error just appears like from nothing!

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    If it's possible that the serial port has failed, or that something of is happening on the bus, or even that there are problems with the power supply, or even that the program or operating system have become corrupted. It's really hard to say.

5. Irv

Irv

Jun 7, 2017
    All this information can do is hint that your software (whatever is is) - might be expecting something to be plugged into com port 2. So if that something is in fact plugged in, then either the something is broken or the com port on the computer, or the software or the drivers or the operating system has been damaged.
    You could start by specifying OS version, software being used, peripherals plugged into COM 2. They all we'd need to do would be to figure out if the programmer who wrote the software was still alive, and could tell us what the error code means. Provided, of course, that the error isn't caused by a corrupted version of the OS, or perhaps some driver, in which case there probably will be no one who could help.

6. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    A COM Port is obviously enabled - is it connected? Is the device connected to it working?

Ask a Question