Connect with us

Problems with circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jmorrone, Oct 24, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jmorrone

jmorrone

Jul 19, 2011
    light.jpeg

Random Blinking LEDs

I have a 555 timer and a 4026 tied together with a 9volt supply in the attached diagram. Using a 47k resistor and a 10k resistor with a 10mf capacitor.

My problem is I can get the lights to turn on when they receive power but they will not blink. Anyone see my issue?

2. MrEE

MrEE

Apr 13, 2012
    First check your 555 is working.
    I see you have 3 leds. How are they connected and where are the current limiting resistors? What color leds are you using?
    A bypass cap of 0.1uF as close to the 4026 power pins as possible improves smoother operation.

3. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    We speak the international language of "Schematic". Post yours so we can communicate.;)

Chris

4. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    The 4026 limits current to about 5mA per segment... Color and type of LED might very well be an issue since I suspect those are superbright LEDs vs standard ones so they simply might not be getting enough current to fire...

Your circuit should be like the one on this page, please double check it against this design...

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/projects/random.htm

Ask a Question