Connect with us

Problem with farward converter

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Rajesh1268, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Rajesh1268

Rajesh1268

Oct 10, 2019
    in half bridge forward converter, with switching frequency of 25 KHz, DC voltage of 320 v and current of 6 amps, IGBTs are failing after 5 to 10 minutes without heat and all three terminals will be short i tried by varying gate drive resistor from 10 ohms to 100 ohms i used Infeneon make 40 amps 650 volts IGBTs How do i solve this problem

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Start by uploading a circuit diagram. Analyzing a circuit from a verbal description is no fun ;)

3. Rajesh1268

Rajesh1268

Oct 10, 2019
    I have uploaded the circuit drawing please go through it

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      40.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Your image has a very low contrast and is barely readable. Please try again with an improved image.

5. WHONOES

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
    From the little I can glean from you faint diagram, it looks like you are using a push - pull drive. One of the problems with this topology is that you can have a problem called "Shoot Through". This arises from both the output devices being very briefly on at the same time causing a large current to pass through them. You need a dead band circuit to ensure this does not happen. There are various drivers available the have this circuit built in.

Harald Kapp likes this.
Ask a Question