Connect with us

Problem with Clamp Meter (Benning)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by redoomed, Nov 9, 2018.

1. redoomed

redoomed

Nov 4, 2016
    Hello guys!

I have a digital clamp meter (Benning CM 1-2, I have uploaded two photos of the pcb board) and it has two problems:

1. The Clamp meter's two cables are disconnected from the PCB board and I don't know where exactly to solder them. However I have seen two possible pins on the board (I marked them with a red circle) that might be the right place for the two wires

2. The device does not turn on. Even with new batteries, when I turn it on nothings happen in the screen.

I have uploaded two photos. Have you any idea?

Thank you very much in advance

Attached Files:

• 2.1.jpg
      2.1.jpg
      File size:
      137.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.2.jpg
      2.2.jpg
      File size:
      144.1 KB
      Views:
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I would hazard a guess that they connect to the wires coming from the "jaws" of the clamp meter.

Surely there are 2 wires somewhere that are not connected to anything?

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Did you insert the batteries correctly? Sure they are new/charged?

The circled connections are for the clamp.

Looks to me as if there is corrosion between some of the processor pins. There's also a dodgy soldered link beside the red connector - potentially indicating the track 'blew out' under previous fault condition and has been soldered back in place..... sure this meter isn't 'used' or from a dodgy source?

Ask a Question