Connect with us

problem on controlling motor dc with arduino

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by ikhsanrino, Jan 19, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ikhsanrino

ikhsanrino

Jan 9, 2016
    hi guys, i have problem about controlling motor dc with arduino. what i do is actually testing motor dc with arudino based on this circuit. there is no problem etiher with the coding or the circuit because i've checked it on output with multimeter it generate 5 v output the problem is the current from the output only 5-15 mA. nah when i test the dc motor with power supply adaptor 5v and 0,5 A without arduino its works, dc motor is spinning. i dont know whether motor dc that i used similar with dc motor in this circuit. in my opinion its because the current that produced by arduino is not high enough to spin the dc motor, am i right? if its true, what should i do then to amplify the current ? or its because motor dc that i use bigger than dc motor in this circuit ? i use dcmotor on the myoelectric hand
    really need your help guys. i appreciate every answer. thanks before . sorry for my pathetic english
    rangkaian emg.jpg

2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    Test the motor direct on the power to the board, if OK then your transistor may not be turning full on, are you switching on/off or PWM?
    Use a Logic gate mosfet to drive the transistor.
    M.

3. ikhsanrino

ikhsanrino

Jan 9, 2016
    its fine if i test the motor directly to the board ? i use pwm. when i gooling how to controll motor dc , almost all of the diagram use battery to spin motor dc not the ouput from arduino ? should i use battery too ?

Attached Files:

4. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    I suspect it is either the duty cycle of the PWM is low or the transistor is not switching full on?
    M.

Ask a Question