Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PROBLEM - NO COMPONENT SIGNAL ON ALL 5 OLD SONY MONITORS

monkeynuts

Jul 16, 2010
Hi - I have puchased 5 old sony broadcast tv monitors - BVM-1415p and BVM-2015p - all have working inputs on the composite but appear to have a problem displaying component (can't test RGB as do not have correct output). I have already spoken to a broadcast engineer who suggested that they may be set up oddly in the engineering menu. Anyone know the way to access the engineering menu on these models? Apparently some strange combination of key presses as you start up the thing? ANY HELP APPRECIATED !! THANK YOU !!

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Can't help you with menu, but want to give you another thing to think about.
Some technical staff modify their equipment to work in their old gear when they don't have the budget to upgrade to newer equipment. Hopefully you'll find someone who can set you up with your menu. Just wanted you to be aware that the inputs to your
monitors MIGHT have been modifed, to work with old equipment. Good luck on the menu (and hope it works).

monkeynuts

Jul 16, 2010
THANKS

Can't help you with menu, but want to give you another thing to think about.
Some technical staff modify their equipment to work in their old gear when they don't have the budget to upgrade to newer equipment. Hopefully you'll find someone who can set you up with your menu. Just wanted you to be aware that the inputs to your
monitors MIGHT have been modifed, to work with old equipment. Good luck on the menu (and hope it works).

THANKS for that. I think you may be right....I only wish I could contact the guys who owned them! I am not sure what panels I could access but hope that I will bump into a monitor guru who might be able to set it right!