Connect with us

Pro-Face LM4201 TADAC - I/O wiring

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Kaare Jenssen, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Kaare Jenssen

Kaare Jenssen

Feb 22, 2017
    Hi.

I have just got a Pro-Face LM4201 TADAC PLC from my employer, and has been asked to learn how to use it. After getting it to upload projects correctly, I have learned the basics of ladder programming, and the fundamentals of the software GP Pro EX. It all seems intuitive and easy enough to work with, even coming from a C/C++/assembly programming background from ARV and ARM chips.

That said, I have problems with getting the I/O to work:

I have managed to make ladder logic that makes a button on the display switch a lamp on and off, so I mapped the input to a variable and swapped the screen-button with the variable name of the physical button mapping.

I connected a button to I3 and 24V, but the button does nothing. If I measure the I3 against +, I get 0.6V?

Could someone help me get this thing wired up with a button? I have searched all the web, and I find how to wired it, but I am not shure if I can use the PS +/- for the logic, or if I need some COM or source connection on the PLC. I see there is a float gnd on the power in to the device. Should this be connected? Am I wrong in assuming I should get 24V when connecting 24+ to I3 if the pin is enabled? Is there something more to be done to enable a pin, than to map it?

Sorry for all the rambling questions, but I am at a loss, and this whole industrial plc thingy is brand new to me, ladder logic included :)

Attached Files:

2. Kaare Jenssen

Kaare Jenssen

Feb 22, 2017
    don't seem to be able to update or edit the original post, so here are some more pictures...
    testbuttonlamp.PNG
    ladder and input mapping.PNG
    io driver.PNG

Ask a Question