Connect with us

Pressure sensor technique

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by Astroo, May 22, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Astroo

Astroo

May 22, 2018
    Hello!

I have a 5 mm thin 1 meter long application which I want to measure the pressure on (0-100 Newton). Does anyone has advice for a cheap technique? It must be flexible which leaves out usage of springs as they need a solid ground. I do not need to know where on the strip the pressure is placed. I have looked into Flexiforces products but they are too expensive.
    Thanks.

Kind regards

2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Use the insides of a cheap digital weight meter (commonly used in bathrooms).

But 'not enough detail'.... is the length important? Deflection? Strain? end-point or part-way down?

3. WHONOES

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
    Strain gauges come to mind.

4. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    Pressure is not measured in Newtons. Force is.
    Automotive sensors come cheap in many flavors; perhaps one fits your needs. Like the intake pressure sensor.

5. darren adcock

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
    Not sure if this helps, others will say if not. I have been using this circuit to build expression controllers for my synthesizer. It's cheap and takes a minutes to make. I read in a Thomas Henry book that using "rubbery" type conductive foam is better, but then his application was an electronic drum and he'd sandwich the foam between the copper. pressure sensor.png

Ask a Question