Connect with us

pressure sensitive plate

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by prateek1792, Jan 16, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. prateek1792

prateek1792

Jan 14, 2012
    I am trying to develop a pressure sensitive plate................can u help me with the ideas guys..................?????????????????????????
    plzzzzzzz rpl if u have any idea.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Conductive foam between two metal plates?

3. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Piezoelectric material between two metal plates? Good for varying pressure only.

These products do exist, hardly any need to develop.. Please specify with more details.

4. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    This is not my idea so I have no idea if it will work. But, I remember someone telling me they had an idea to use that material you find in electronic packaging. The black foam like stuff that micro-controllers are stuck into. Put this between two plates and you should get an analog voltage as an output when an input is applied depending on the resistance of the material between the two plates. More weight less resistance.

Guess it would depend on whether that black foam like substance is conductive in anyway.

5. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    The black foam IS conductive foam, the same stuff that Harald mentioned above.. ;)

6. prateek1792

prateek1792

Jan 14, 2012
    thanx for all the rpls.......i'll try these.......nd get back 2 u guys if i get any problem.

7. prateek1792

prateek1792

Jan 14, 2012
    basically i have to make a pressure sensitive plate with such a output module that if we apply pressure on it.......it genarates a sound.
    One extra feature that we can include that is if we chage the applied pressure the sound intensity also changes.

8. bonedoc

bonedoc

Dec 21, 2011
    Maybe you should just take a microphone and amplifier to class and set it up, do a concert ;-)

I would get some piezo film and properly hook it up to the ADC of a microchip. When you apply force to it, it created a voltage that can be read on the pin of a pic ADC

http://www.imagesco.com/articles/piezo/piezo00.html

9. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Use a drum? Environmentally perfect - no battteries required.

Harald

10. poor mystic

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
    Make neoprene with lots of carbon particles. When compressed, the characteristic resistance of the neoprene must change, and you could measure this resistance change using a Wheatstone bridge.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
Ask a Question