Connect with us

Pressure control

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Repa, Feb 9, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Repa

Repa

Feb 9, 2012
    Pressure control device

I should build pressure control unit.
    The sensor MPXM2202AS which I already have and the engine that drives the pump is 3V / 0.4A ..
    The device should keep the pressure constant (for a small discrepancy may be), so if you have a low pressure pump pumping more of it, and if the pressure is high is pumped out of it (the DC motor rotates in two directions).
    Probably something the OP-amp for making this should happen..?

PXM2202AS
    http://www.freescale.com/files/senso...et/MPX2202.pdf

Motor is here.
    cmp11

-: Repa

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    The link that you have there is broken

You are going to want a PI/PD/PID controller to allow for imperfections (ie when increasing pressure it will most likely go higher then you want before you start but you dont want to immediately start draining or you will constantly be filling/draining)

see examples here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

You also will probably not want to constantly be reversing the direction of the motor, you should probably have an electronic valve, or get another motor for pumping out.

What range of pressures are you dealing with? (I know that the MPXM2202AS is rated for about 29PSI)
    How precise do you have to be with your system?

Are you using gas/liquid?

3. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
    Hi,
    In order to regulate the air flow you indeed need to control a valve. The regulation can be build around an op amp scheme or via a µC. Of the shelf product exists to perform that, the keyword is Current to pressure (I/P), googling that will be a good starting point.
    Olivier

Ask a Question