Maker Pro
Maker Pro

premier massage chair repair???

bobbi

Aug 28, 2017
Hello Petals,

I have a premier relax o mtic massage chair - 2003 I havent used it in awhile and just went to use it and the foot rest doesnt go up. You can hear that it wants to .. but nothing happens .The rest of the chair seems to work fine.. even the roller in the foot rest.
I am having knee surgery next month and was planning on being in the chair A LOT with my foot up... of course premier went out of business and i cant find a local repair place ( close to Copiague, NY 11726) any help would be appreciated.

LOL i am sure my female freinds would be furious to hear me say this.. but i am female , and while i CAN use tools and things like saws and drills i am not really good with anything electrical. So, explain in way simple terms! Have a great day and THANKS to all who help in advance!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The 'hello petals' was a bit of a give-away....... :D..... but in this day and age, who knows :p

When you say that the foot rest 'wants to....' go up, do you mean that you can hear the motor associated with it actually turning?

If you have checked for obvious obstructions, bent linkages and such then the worst case scenario is that the drive motor has stripped a gear and short of replacing it there is no easy solution.

It may be that there is a coupling that has a loose screw (giggidy) or any number of other 'physical' reasons why it won't move but that would be something you'd have to decipher yourself as it requires a 'hands-on' approach to determine.

Some pictures of the mechanism might help us offer more detailed advice. Try to ensure they are well lit and properly focussed - something a lot of people (not you.... yet!) who come here for advice with problems seem to have difficulty doing and it makes interpretation very awkward for us!

bobbi

Aug 28, 2017
hello Kellys_eye.... thanks for the response...
yes i hear the motor ...running, clicking, humming but no response from the footrest. I havent really taken a look at it yet... because, honestly , unless i can find what it SHOULD look like under there, i will have no idea if anything is wrong .... and like i said the company went out of business. I did find an older models operator manual which i will read on Monday ( cause i work weekends. ) and take pictures - well lit and focused hopefully !!! ( i do have a degree in photography - but there is a time and place for underexposed and out of focus pics lol.. check some Photography museums, they call it ART) and get back to you if i cant make the magic happen!

Thanks
Bobbi

ps...Scotland is on MY bucket list!!!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The 'clicking' sounds ominous - could be from a gear (or thread) that has moved past its end-stop or, worse still, a stripped thread or gear cog. Photos and a closer inspection will, of course, reveal details.

I also have a bucket list - first item - get a bucket.

Shomy

Dec 29, 2019
HI am new here and maybe too late... But I have the same condition with the led lift motor but my plastic worm gear is stripped. Does anyone know if they make a replacement?
Thanks