Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PowerCon Connector's / Neutrik

LightShow

Jun 9, 2016
Hey All,

Has anyone had experience with fitting female powercon connectors to power boards / power strips I want to make an easy to transport case for Dj gear where everything is already connected inside and then put a Powercon jack on the outside so i can plug different lengths of feed cable as needed..

Does anyone Have any experience with These connectors?
Is there a better way to do this?

Regards, Lightshow

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The type and suitability of plug is down to you. Providing it meets the electrical and environmental requirements I suspect there's a gazillion ways to do what you want to do. Pick one!

Just make sure there's a 'difference' between types - polarisation for one - (so there's no chance of miss-connection) and that externally connecting power sockets are male/female in the right direction (i.e. the live supply should be on a female connector).

LightShow

Jun 9, 2016
The type and suitability of plug is down to you. Providing it meets the electrical and environmental requirements I suspect there's a gazillion ways to do what you want to do. Pick one!

Just make sure there's a 'difference' between types - polarisation for one - (so there's no chance of miss-connection) and that externally connecting power sockets are male/female in the right direction (i.e. the live supply should be on a female connector).

thanks for the response!
the connectors are totally shielded both male and female sides so there is no real risk associated with them. they are usually used with professional grade lighting equipment so i thought they would be able to deal with a decent amount of power

PowerCon.png

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
so i thought they would be able to deal with a decent amount of power
The datasheets will tell you everything you need to know.

The ones you show look to be ok and capable of handling most normal-day loads - not sure I'd use an all-plastic connector though. If you expect rough-handling or outdoor/public area use I'd go for metal versions.