Connect with us

Power Supply

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Warlord, Jun 18, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Warlord

Warlord

Jul 1, 2014
    Need help in finding anything on American Electronics power supply 95-514. Schematics and or parts layouts and values. Thank you.

2. dave9

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
    I'm sure you're willing to put forth more effort looking than others would but briefly what i found is this is an old school linear 120VAC to 12VDC bench battery-replacement type supply with a TO3 pass transistor on the back.

It should not be hard to reverse engineer this with just some good pictures, and pick some components that will work regardless of whether they are the original values.

I assume you have one and it has failed? The starting point is typically to whip out a multimeter and find where the power stops.

Quick things first, I'd check whether 120VAC is making it past the fuse (not blown) so there's ~120VAC to the transformer. Check that there is lower AC voltage coming out of the transformer. Check whether there is DC votlage after the rectifier diode(s) at the capacitor. Check whether it's making it to that transistor. Check whether there is base voltage to that transistor, and whether voltage coming out of it.

Speculating, the transistor itself is a likely failure point. From a pic I found, best I can tell it's a Sanken 2SD90. Then again, age... could be the power switch or anything else instead.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  3. Warlord

Warlord

Jul 1, 2014
    Thank you and yes I will keep looking, I thought someone might have a schematic or made a drawing themselves.

Ask a Question