Connect with us

power supply

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by johnofleeds, Dec 4, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. johnofleeds

johnofleeds

Nov 23, 2015
    Hi I've had an lcd tv given.The supply is giving between 1.9-11.0 and 23.7 volts but the screen wont light up.The stand by board is getting just under 5 volts but stays red untill you press a channel when it flashes and the 23.7 v goes up to 28.5-any ideas? The model is a celcus(Vestel-VES315WNDS-01)Manu 12/14- power supp. is no. 17IPS11 but I don't know if it still could be it although it's giving out power.
    Just tried turning it on in the dark-Standby light comes on -when I select a channel the backlight flashes once then the standby light goes off.The owner said before it went off the picture went off but had sound then shortly after no sound either.All this is with nothing plugged in apart from power lead-Getting 243 volts-nothing on the screen even static mush.Also theres a twin core black and red cable from the pwr supp feeding one side of the the screen at 23.5 v.The other voltages are from the supply to a 6 pin connector to I think the motherboard (the only other board on the back-with all the outputs (scart,hdmi's,vga,lan and spdif+ant in)Another is a thin ribbon cable that goes to the bottom of the screen-dont want to touch that one.
    cheers john

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi John

welcome to EP :)

2 things for your to do first off ....

1) see if you can find a service manual online .... will be critical to a possible repair
    2) some photos ... initially of the PSU board, sharp and well lit

Dave

3. Herschel Peeler

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016
    Many possibilities but most likely is the lighting that lights the screen, or the high voltage converters that drive the lights.

Ask a Question