Connect with us

Power supply V/A question

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by AlenZGB, Sep 18, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. AlenZGB

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
    I was wondering will be and harm to my laptop if i use 15.6V 7.05A instead original 16V 4.5A.

Regarding the amperage, if i use lower amprage charger it will charge slower and battery will not
    charge enough or not at all. but if i use higher amperage charger will that damage the battery and components
    or not? Will the battery only use amperage that she needs?

If im wrong correct me :D
    probably i am

Regards,
    Alen

EDIT: i forget to write, laptop is panasonic CF-C1

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  2. Externet

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
    For that minimal voltage difference, give it a try. It should work.
    For the current capability; means that the battery pack will take slightly longer time to recharge, if the battery pack is in such discharged state that will demand that many Amperes.

Keep in mind a battery charger for a laptop is -or should be- rated for two simultaneous tasks : recharge the pack and run the laptop. So likely, there should be no problems IF the connectors match and they obey to the same communication protocol.
    Yes, some chargers do communicate with the laptop about enabling, temperature, state of charge, and other details.
    Some chargers have a inner and outer barrel in the connector for power; and a central pin for communication.

3. grumps

grumps

Jul 11, 2015
    lithium ? batteries , have an internal charge controller ( quarter volt difference , approximates 90% full ) ;

4. AlenZGB

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
    I try to charge it, it charges didnt leave it to charge for more than 5 min. but battery % rise up. and nothing blow up :D
    ill charge it for a longer time to see what happens.

Thanks for the fast replay.

Regards,
    Alen

Ask a Question