Maker Pro
Maker Pro

power supply issues

toogy

Nov 13, 2014
Hi
New to the forums..i just ordered a Mean Well power supply to power a car stereo set up in my woodshop as im junking the vehicle the stereo was in ..amd it sounds awesome in my shop. I,ordered a power supply ac todc 80 amp se-1000-12 unit. Am pretty sure i understand wiring to the ac input terminals...and the 12 volt out put is pretty clear..however instead of a switch to toggle from 110 to 220 i have 2 conne tion screw terminals that have closed=110...open=220 stamped right above the terminal..i think imust jumper a wire between the 2 for 110 setting...also on the side of the case that has the 12 v output lead terminals there is a small 6 pin connector(jumper size pins) that is marked cn3.. With an adjustable pot ne t to the pins...my thought is that i dont need the cn3 pins for my application which is basically wire ac to one side..get 12 v dc out the other...but can someone sjed some light on my issues if they are familiar with what i described?...much appreciated thank you

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
For 110v ac input you connect a link between the two terminals. 220v ac doesn't require the link.

That is a pretty mean power supply to run a car stereo.
I would suggest that you use the adjustment pot to set the output voltage to 13.5v dc. This is close to the voltage that the stereo operates at in a car.

CN3 connector is not required.

As always, be careful when working on mains voltages.