Connect with us

Power supply fuse question

Discussion in 'Misc Electronics' started by James H., Feb 12, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. James H.

    James H. Guest


    I bought a used variable DC power supply (0-70V, 0-20A) that was used by its
    previous owner with 220V AC input (switchable to 110, which is what I would
    want). The specs say that the two fuses on the back of the power supply's
    input should be "8 AT" for 220, which they currently are, and "16 AT" for
    110, which I need to obtain. My question is, what does the "T" in "AT" stand
    for assuming that the "A" is "Amps"? Any idea where I could find this fuse?

    Here's a link to the manufacturer's sight (Delta-Elektronika) for the power
    supply. Mine is the SM7020-D:

    Thanks in advance,
  2. Joe Soap

    Joe Soap Guest

    The T means anti-surge, also known as slo-blo. Any 16A anti-surge fuse will
    do, if it's the right size.
  3. Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok Guest

    You bought a dutch PSU. T is for 'Traag' or slow blowing.
  4. James H.

    James H. Guest

    Thanks for all replies. I guess I can now say that I know at least a word
    in Dutch. ;o)

  5. cl

    cl Guest

    I'll second that! You learn something new every day! Thanks!

  6. CWatters

    CWatters Guest

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day