Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power supply from china

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Probably works ok as most stuff from China does.
All comes down to the application really. i.e. if you are into operations with NASA, probably not.

I use Topward as for 1 they were available at the time and 2, they have back up in the way of maintenance info etc.
I would say most pc supplies come from China and they seem to live a long life so........
Just have to get used to the fact that the cheaper ones do not have the "feel" so-to-speak.

One of the reasons I prefer a Myford lathe over a Chinese version. Mill on the other hand is Chinese because of cost at the time and I was recovering from the big flood we had here.
Still does the same job as it is down to the "nut at the wheel".

Hopup

Jul 5, 2015
Yeah, I need them for basic kind of use, they don't have to be super accurate or anything. But I prefer to buy stuff which lasts more than let say year or two when it comes to electronics.

I would be using them at high power for long time so I'm slightly worried can they take it.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
The two greatest areas of concern on this type of Chinese Junk :p are usually the switching circuit output capacitors and the fan.

Lube the fan regularly or replace with a high quality dual ball bearing model at least 20mm thick. Replace the output capacitors now with quality very low ESR parts from Japan (being lazy to generalize instead of getting into great detail), or plan to do it later.

This is not to suggest that there won't be other factors increasing output ripple or decreasing enjoyment in use, even down to the quality of the jacks or potentiometers but recognizing a cost savings, you still aren't guaranteed top notch parts by merely buying from Europe.

I would head over to EEVBlog forum or look for reviews (and youtube videos) of bench supplies with the same ratings (since generic items like this may exist under several different brand names) to see if anyone has torn one apart and critiqued it. Just be aware that if the reviewer has reviewed high end bench supplies before that cost multiple times as much, they might be using words like "rubbish" a lot.

OrlandoTech

Apr 26, 2019
I bought one like that on eBay for $40 something. For $2.99 I got an ententes warranty for 2 or 3 years. The warranty was from square trade. They are pretty good. I have filed claims with them for other things and there were no problems. They paid with no hassles.