Connect with us

Power seat for a Racing simulator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by miahallen, Feb 12, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. miahallen

miahallen

Feb 12, 2014
    Hey guys & gals, how is everyone doing? I'm working on a project for my hobby (sim racing), where I am trying to put a powered seat from a 2004 Acura TSX onto my racing rig.

If you'd like to know more about my rig, I posted a build log here.

[​IMG]

Anyhow, This is the new seat I picked up:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is a video going over my current progress. If you wouldn't mind watching the video and then providing any suggestions, it would be most appreciated. Thanks :cool:

2. mursal

mursal

Dec 13, 2013
    Just be careful of the AIRBAGS in the seat they are fully charged and will cause injury if they deploy and hit you. The charge is in the unit in the seat lining. The 2 wires that are unknown may be an occupant switch on the base of the seat?

What age is the seat, or have you a twisted pair (CAN bus) going into the board?

Has the seat an return wire from the steel frame going into the wiring harness, to give you a colour for return to the battery?

Are you still going to manually adjust the seat via the the switches or using software?
    Why do you want to get the board running, are you going to remap the chip for your needs?

At a guess the coils on the relay will be 5V, and yon can see the return (-) from the relay coils on the board, because it will be heavily tracked compared to the supply (+) to the coil. There may be freewheeling diodes across the relay coils to protect the switch, so polarity will be important.

3. miahallen

miahallen

Feb 12, 2014
    Thanks for all the help guys, but it turns out I was able to bypass the control board and wire my amp directly to the DPDT switch PCB in the side of the seat...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started by probing all the contacts with the switches in all positions...

[​IMG]

I don't have a clue how it worked from the factory, but when I wired an additional two ground wires to this board (into pins which were unused) I was able to get full functionality.

[​IMG]

After getting that figured out I just needed to mount the new seat and wire it up to my rig.

Check my build log here for the final result.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...simvibe-racing-rig.271002/page-3#post-8507004

Ask a Question