Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Woo-Woo Power saving speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Don't feel bad. This thread evokes a full gamut of emotions, None of which are positive.

Chris

anwaypasible

Jun 3, 2013
i recently learned the solar panels run to a AC invertor.. to the circuit breaker.. then allowed to bleed out into the grid for monthly bill credits.

what i didnt find was something about a bank of batteries to either stay off the grid (i know it doesnt make sense depending on how much credit you earn)
but also nothing for when the power from the grid goes out.

a relay that flips the power source when the grid loses power is super easy.
but a charger that charges the batteries to know when they are full and stop sending power to them.. that is another relay (or some circuit that works like a relay at a specific voltage)

thanks to audio, wiring in seriesis when two points meet at one spot, then two individual points (one for the grid voltage, one for the battery voltage)

doesnt seem like a left-right .. and that means looking at it line a 'trace fall' or 'shut off'

seems worth noting - civilization today comes together to:
1. fight
2. talk as weak as intellectually possible

over at diyaudio forum, people get electrical questions quickly and straightforwardly responded to .. but i dont know if the people asking did bad in school or didnt take any school at all.

but frightening it is..
say those heating elements want hexagon shapes of electricity when it pours into the metal.. then say you are pouring out parallelograms instead.. then the metal starts to shed it's special coating.

without those tranformers working in opposite of common step down function .. i feel like a cat that walked into a room full of dogs (suprise suprise).

i'm going to need to focus my energy on something more easily apprehended from the industry to keep my confidence up to prevent me from walking into college with black eyes feeling shallow.
(yes i know, being told it isnt feasible is a stepping stone)

as it turns out, my greatest idea is defunct

i asked about amplifiers & didnt get a straight answer.
maybe i should be asking about what types of electronics people want repaired.
a new motor to get an electric can opener working? (or cheaper to buy new?)

i've got a story about my soundcard that might be worth more than twiddling your thumbs.
i'll post it.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Since it doesn't appear that you're going to relocate on your own volition perhaps the forum Gods will see fit to move this entire thread to the Members Lounge. It's the only place on EP that befits its content. Hell, I'm not sure it fits there either! ...Maybe if we had a section named "Twilight Zone" ? :rolleyes:

Chris

sndscientist

Jul 10, 2013
i say we should all chip in, loan him a 25,000 A/H nuclear sub battery and a 500 amp substation transformer and let him prove his theory. don't be quick to judge i like proof of concept :D

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Judge what? He and I have something in common. Neither he nor I know what the hell he's talking about. It's scary that you think you do! :eek: Are you fluent in babble? :rolleyes:

Chris

sndscientist

Jul 10, 2013
:)yes and no, it's very reminiscent of the way the stoners (while high) would talk in my vo-tech electronics class in the late 90's.. it's more of a A.D.D./THC induced vocabulary. i have always found that if you listen to every 5th or so word it makes some sense sort of.

Last edited:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Judge what? He and I have something in common. Neither he nor I know what the hell he's talking about. It's scary that you think you do! :eek: Are you fluent in babble? :rolleyes:
LOVL Chris :)

Edit: Perhaps a "twilight zone" section WOULD be appropriate. It could be used for overunity crap and dietermoreno as well. Just kidding. (Sort of.)

Last edited:

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
over at diyaudio forum, people get electrical questions quickly and straightforwardly responded to .. but i dont know if the people asking did bad in school or didnt take any school at all.

ok so I didn't read the whole thing cause quite frankly he just rambles. but this comment kind of got to me.
lets talk about education, particularly debating.
the idea behind debating or any good conversation is both being concise and on topic.
the topic of conversation here has gone from one end of the universe to the other. the lack of being concise means I really couldn't care what you were saying because its ramble upon ramble.
If you aspire to inspire then make your comments short. give us something to think about. don't just topic jump and hope we don't find the faults in your......"logic"(someone please find me a better word)

being given knowledge is great if you listen. but seriously figure one thing out at a time and not jump all over.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Here are five examples applicable to the definition of "Logic".

www.dictionary.com]
log·ic [loj-ik]
noun

1. the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
2. a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.
3. the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.
4. reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: There wasn't much logic in her move.
5. convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: the irresistible logic of the facts

I contend that attempting to find logic in the OP's posts would be ..... illogical! :p

Chris

eKretz

Apr 8, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by anwaypasible

Yeah, I'm sure they do. I'm also sure they ask their questions pointedly and without typing every random thought that enters their head while they are in the process of typing out their pointed question. A quick and straightforward question begets a quick and straightforward answer. "Garbage In = Garbage Out," anyone?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think this thread has run its course

Status
Not open for further replies.