Maker Pro

Woo-Woo Power saving speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwaypasible

Jun 3, 2013
W = V * A

1 watt for 1 volt and 1 amp

looking at the equation.. it looks like you could raise voltage or amperage and recalculate.

but does all that extra voltage to get your watts up amount to broken components because they cant handle the extra volts?

i think the industry is stubborn from a lack of communication.. or i'm gonna giggle after going to school.

sad that the rest of the social industry is terribly horrendous, causing me to come here and try to be friendly.

anwaypasible

Jun 3, 2013
You apparently seem to think that knowledge is not necessary as long as you have an idea. Or I think that's what you're saying because you have a very poor way of expressing yourself.

i'm talking about crying inside, to the point of giving up on being awake and jst going to sleep day after day.. more than 12 hours asleep.. waiting for the telephone to ring.. because there are social problems preventing satisfaction.

obviously i am here to be motivated by an industry, not belittled as a person.
cant do good in school when the battery has been forced to go dead more than once.
but as long as the weight doesnt linger to the people doing it.. they continue to do it.

i changed schools & didnt bring any friends along with me.. thus i am without a mob of people to provide flame retardant & support.
(my family life isnt any better, perhaps worse)

i dont have many electrical ideas.
i came here with the one i got.. there is only one, other than lowering distortion and trying to get more output (not power) from an amplifier.

it's terrible over here.. there are 40 electricians in the county.
there's only 114,000 people in the county

the rest of the local college offerings dont look attractive.
i cant join a college and live in a dorm because my family situation is terrible.

i ache enough to shiver.
i've experienced layers upon layers of neglect.
nurturing comforts life.. not mindgames when i can get those more than a millioin times a second.

i've got nowhere to walk other than defending being awake (or go to sleep)
i dont see why people want to twiddle their thumbs.. say a few lazy lines talking something down.. then walk away claiming they participated to a satisfactory level.

obviously multi-talented is a requirement of today
because then you cant talk about your college degree .. even on a forum that isnt massively visited like this one.

i'm not sorry.. i started with a strong character.. then got muted by lackluster attempt.
i cant ignore the person.. and if the person cant satisfy what they are talking to, distortion erupts.

**edit**

does it make sense when i say i am with very little to grip?
what do you think causes a person to start walking & observe?
i cant jst 'go find something else to do' because those things make me sick.

i imagine i'm not alone.. but those people can afford to go to the water hole & get a drink.. maybe communicate with somebody there.
....sad part is maybe when it should be inevitable.

i cant make the economy get any better.. no numbers to dial.. no email addresses to type to.
bruised? burnt?

needs are necessitation.. some people are with a shallow list, while others are simply insensitive.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm sorry. I don't think I can provide the help you need.

anwaypasible

Jun 3, 2013
rather than start all over again..
i'm still sifting through what was said to me.

what i thought of amperage and voltage is density.

depends on how you view electricity.
some say electrons are perfect spheres, but that doesnt say all electricity is that shape.
eels are electric and the bend all sorts of ways.

while i want to say amperage is how fast the electron gets used up..
it might be more easy to grasp if talking about it like a paper towel's effectiveness.
if there is a dry spot remaining, then the paper towel can be effective.
when the void welcomes the electrons, the electron touches components along the way to its final destination.
each hop on the way to the final destination has an opportunity to be more thirsty than the electron can handle.

well.. look
i think it is easier to use a speaker to mentally visualize.
you start with voltage that is too weak to move the cone
yes, the electricity makes its way to the voice coil
more voltage and the coil starts to move
when the waveform is the same for each of the above attempts.. you can change the rise of the waveform ... or you can simply change the power of the waveform.

see.. voltage is like a fist
the fist can punch you, but how hard it punches is the amperage.. because no matter how hard the punch, it is always the fist that hit you (that is how voltage aways stays there in the equation when viewing amperage)

stretching the waveform will change the phase if the time from peak to peak isnt kept up with throughout the adjustment.

back to voltage and amperage on a speaker.. higher amperage will be like a hand gripping a doorknob.. there is an option to grab the doorknob with a tighter grip.
you dont always need to grab the doorknob tight to turn it.. but it is a possibility.
now think a speaker is meant to wiggle back and forth.. less amperage for the grip will amount to a lesser amount of pronunciation.

the thing after that is the number of threads your process has.
more threads can spill out more details simply because there is a path for them to travel out of the amplifier and into the speaker.
its what you hear from those home theater in a box systems that sound like cardboard.
it isnt necessarily the speaker that sounds that awful.. it could be the lack of threads in the circuit.

and that means instead of increasing capacitor values, simply replacing capacitors with some that offer more threads might show some improvement even before replacing transistors that also allow more threads.

i've come to learn the number of threads is known as 'slew'
the definition of slew RATE
well it might not be the same as slew AMOUNT

like holding a rope to hold something heavy.. it is certainly easier with more people on the line than less.

(and if they are pumped up on military drugs.. and they arent getting along in large numbers ... not my fault - i choose to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem)

sndscientist

Jul 10, 2013
please delete this post, haven't figured out how to do it yet Please

Last edited:

eKretz

Apr 8, 2013
And use the $$ you saved to see a psychiatrist.

Edit: Well, now you need to read the post below to make any sense of this. All of that used to be right above this.

Last edited:

sndscientist

Jul 10, 2013
now excuse me if i post something that has already been said, i tried to read this entire post, but some of the OP's posts just kind of glaze my eyes and i can't follow, if i read correctly he wants to reduce voltage and run a house off of high current low voltage in an attempt to fool the power company. like i said before if someone pointed this out already i'm sorry to retype however, it seems that nobody has pointed out how the electric meters actually work.

Electric meters are air cored transformers. the mains run straight through and the utility company has coils wrapped around them to induce a proportionate voltage based on the current usage. drawing 10 amps on the mains generates a voltage that the meter calculates to be 10 amps.

The fact remains that energy can neither be created or destroyed in the universe.

Knowing that, Lets say you max out your mains at 100A@240Vac (24,000 Watts) For arguments sake lets say you convert that 100A@240Vac to 24Vdc and lets assume you have no loss your left with 1000A@24Vdc.

I don't know if you are up the speed on early American power distribution systems or not. I will assume your not because of your question. Early on before the united states did the global switch to Alternating Current. Power transmission lines were DC high current. As the power requirements went up the feed line size had to as well. Rather than being able to use a standard #2 wire to your distribution block, you're going to have to use #2/0 between your step down device and your distribution center. Also on all of your runs to rooms.

Wiring resistance plays a huge part in low voltage high current dc. meaning your going to need to use Cu or much larger Al. i don't know about your country but here #6 cu and #2 Al are both rated at 100A.

The point I'm trying to make without typing forever is as follows;
assuming you can find a way to convert your incoming ac to low voltage high current dc;
assuming you are willing to replace/change all of your house wiring to 2/0 copper;
assuming you are willing to purchase 1500 - 3000 watt inverters for every room in your house;
assuming you use gold brazed ends on all of your connections and use sealant on all of your connections.

it would be way way cheaper to just pay the normal bill

Remember, everything has losses. you will more than likely be putting 1200 watts out in heat converting and switching back, not to mention transistors and regulators loose efficiency as they heat up, your going to need fans to keep things cool, which draw more power

so on top of your bill you'd have an extra 15 amps of draw. just in waste

to recap just leave a 800 watt space heater turned on 24/7 it'll save you money in the long run

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
The relation of E, I, R & W was pointed out to him early in the thread by Steve. It's futile because the OP's in another dimension.

Chris

Edit: You can amend your posts but you can't delete them. That was stopped a few months ago because it was abused.

Last edited:

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
anwaypasible: can I just say I'm your biggest fan. Your posts are amazing. Please keep them coming :D

sndscientist

Jul 10, 2013
just sat down with a gallon of sweet tea and a bag of pretzels and read this whole thing. :eek:

anwaypasible

Jun 3, 2013
i hear 'if you transfer the same amount of watts from the step down transformer to the step up transfomer.. the amount on the bill will be the same'

i think power supplies everywhere do a daily task of subtracting from the amount of power available from the wall.
i know there is an opposite to everything.

seems like a destructive experiment to connect directly to the heating element trying to use a whole bunch of volts without the amps to keep the heating elements satisfied with the amount of watts needed to do their job.

i think the line transfomers on the poles boost the output amperage compared to the input amperage.. because if they didnt.. those electric lines would be killing birds because of the amount of amperage the line has to carry.
it was already said that the line would need to be thicker than what it is.

when a power supply connected to 120 volts lets out 12 volts and 30 amps ... the loss of amperage isn't heat .. it is engineering.

flip it all backwards and opposites should happen (and that might include stability & cleanliness)

maybe frustration mounted because the size of the transformer isnt readily available.
maybe because the engineered characteristic isn't readily available.

a child could tell you.. if they can step up the voltage, then they can step up the amperage (even if that means holding the voltage stationary).

see.. they tell us they use iron core
but they also tell us it has to be magnetic
then they tell us permanent magnets wont work
makes me think because a permament magnet would drain itself like a battery.. doing all that injecting into the wire.. there has to be a pool of resources for them to exist (because a magnet doesnt recharge like a capacitor does.. and even those can break down or dry up)

to say it is not a straightfoward approach,
well then factor in the hunting necessary to find engineering characteristics that are opposite to reduction,
seems like a worthy giggle

i know magnets can drink.. i know they can float.. but i know sometimes the very difference between them is the advanced engineering character that they dont.

i dont think it is foolish to heard the words 'step up' and put major emphasis on the up.

anwaypasible

Jun 3, 2013
The fact remains that energy can neither be created or destroyed in the universe.

i like that because it says if you want to build energy, you gotta use small pieces of it combining to become a bigger piece.

as well as the opposite

if you have one big piece, tearing it apart creates smaller pieces

Knowing that, Lets say you max out your mains at 100A@240Vac (24,000 Watts) For arguments sake lets say you convert that 100A@240Vac to 24Vdc and lets assume you have no loss your left with 1000A@24Vdc.

this type of shift happens on forums all the time.

Wiring resistance plays a huge part in low voltage high current dc.

i just imagined lower resistance wire to connect an mp3 player to the car radio and there is all sorts of distortion in the line because of wireless energy.

kinda like wanting to own a police scanner all over again (but bad for trying to play music)

Last edited:

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I did a quick search to find you a new home. I think you will be much happier residing at any one of these alternative energy sites. After all, these sites are looking for great minds like yours. Moreover, these sites are looking for people that have great vision and can think outside the box. The problem you're going to have here at EP is we're all locked in the magic box of the laws of physics. Let's face it... One can't have great vision when being held back by such archaic and arcane laws!

We'll hate to see you go but we don't want to hold you back from doing great things.

I called ahead for you and they're all anxious to hear from you. .. Ciao!!

http://forums.alternative-energy-news.info/
http://www.altenergyshift.com/
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/
http://www.permies.com/forums/f-10/energy
http://www.topix.com/forum/energy/alt-energy
http://nature2energy.com/
http://enenews.com/forum-alternative-energy
http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/
http://www.ata.org.au/forums/

Chris

anwaypasible

Jun 3, 2013
i only want to read how the lego pieces go together once .. because after that i don't want to re-read it.

i've been with desperate need to talk to a college advisor .. but i haven't been stupid enough to go exhausted.

i need to get my days & nights flipped around.
waking up at 7pm .. up until about 7am
causes me to miss the window of opportunity to drive over there.

i believe life can give away value.. because if you walk around with sticky fingers.. you wont be financially rich at the end of the day.
and even if they add up to a college course, they still lack the certificate.
some might enjoy going in to earn their certificate with a breeze, as if conquering a fear of doing lousy in school for whatever reason.
it takes a passion to sit there comfortably hearing everything twice.

while psychics might be law.. i think more to the point is regulations & limitations of those physics is where collisions happen.

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
I did a quick search to find you a new home. I think you will be much happier residing at any one of these alternative energy sites. After all, these sites are looking for great minds like yours. Moreover, these sites are looking for people that have great vision and can think outside the box. The problem you're going to have here at EP is we're all locked in the magic box of the laws of physics. Let's face it... One can't have great vision when being held back by such archaic and arcane laws!

We'll hate to see you go but we don't want to hold you back from doing great things.

I called ahead for you and they're all anxious to hear from you. .. Ciao!!

http://forums.alternative-energy-news.info/
http://www.altenergyshift.com/
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/
http://www.permies.com/forums/f-10/energy
http://www.topix.com/forum/energy/alt-energy
http://nature2energy.com/
http://enenews.com/forum-alternative-energy
http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/
http://www.ata.org.au/forums/

Chris

Subtle.....very subtle! LMAO!

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Subtle.....very subtle! LMAO!

Unfortunately I don't think he understands "subtle".

Here's another subtle suggestion that might be helpful. Utilizing this single thing can cure many anomalies.

Chris

Attachments

• GND.JPG
    GND.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 141

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
Unfortunately I don't think he understands "subtle".

Here's another subtle suggestion that might be helpful. Utilizing this single thing can cure many anomalies.

Chris

Next time I find myself in Florida, I think we need to get together and swap war stories over some cold beers!;)

sndscientist

Jul 10, 2013
i think the line transfomers on the poles boost the output amperage compared to the input amperage.. because if they didnt.. those electric lines would be killing birds because of the amount of amperage the line has to carry.

I smell an experiment, according to this logic if you grab the terminals of a car battery. it will kill you quick because it has the ability to put over 100 amps for a few seconds, however my 10kv neon sign transformer that can do 10ma on a good day shouldn't hurt at all. (take that physics)

when a power supply connected to 120 volts lets out 12 volts and 30 amps ... the loss of amperage isn't heat .. it is engineering.

i want a device that draws 30 amps at 120 volts and outputs 30 amps at 12. i can use it to charge a bank of batteries to run 75% efficient power inverters so i can generate a little over 10 amps. now that sounds like a winner (another blow to physics)

maybe frustration mounted because the size of the transformer isnt readily available.

i would almost be willing to deliver a large substation transformer to see this. i think it could be fun to watch.

a child could tell you.. if they can step up the voltage, then they can step up the amperage (even if that means holding the voltage stationary).[

asked my 9 and 11 year olds and they just looked at me blankly and said you've got to be kidding.

sorry about the tasteless post but i had a hard time keeping that to myself

Status
Not open for further replies.