Connect with us

Power requirements for Proto-Board PB-503

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by pb-503 owner, Nov 5, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. pb-503 owner

pb-503 owner

Nov 4, 2015
    I would like to respond to an old archived thread in case anyone in the future needs this information.

I was in desperate need for this and was fortunate enough to find the information, I feel I should share it for those not so lucky.

https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/power-requirements-for-proto-board-pb-503.61310/

Looking at the female connector on the PB-503 board, there is a 5 pin din input. If we label the inputs on the board from 1 to 5 from left to right, the input voltages needed are:

1: -26 volts*
    2: Not connected
    3: Ground
    4: +10.5 volts
    5: +26 volts*

*The measured output of the transformer is closer to ±22.5v. The 10.5v output reads accurate.

PB-503 Input connections:
    pb503_400ca1.jpg

The current outputs for the 400 CA1 transformer are listed as +10v 1.2A, ±26v 0.6A

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Thanks pb-503 owner.
    Yes. When I Google information I frequently am routed to electronicspoint for the answer.
    I, too, often update my posts when I have the answer (sometimes years later) that I was looking for,
    specifically to help anybody else who has the same problem in the future.
    Your update is much appreciated.

3. Katie Eells

Katie Eells

Nov 9, 2015
    Thanks for sharing.

4. kenny256

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
    Thanks for posting, i have one too and looking for the 400-CA-1 AC adapter or the pinout and voltages in order to make one.

i found this updated pinout under the discontinued products at global spec'ies, the DIN must use this weird skip pattern for numbering the pins.

[​IMG]

there is an internal power supply board in the PB503 that regulates these unregulated voltages from the 400CA1 to feed the banana power jacks, +5V red, adj +5 to 15V yellow, adj -5 to 15V blue.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
Ask a Question