Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power issues on Mitsubishi TV

matt965

Dec 22, 2011
I just picked up a Mitsubishi WS-65807 projection TV and I can't get it to power on at all. I read in several places there are trouble codes you can get off the TV but I am unable to get any trouble codes. Unfortunately the TV doesn't respond to anything- not even the remote.

I am only able to get the TV to do this:
I plug in the TV and I hear a very slight squeak noise. When I unplug it, about 2 or 3 seconds later I hear the same squeak noise again.

As I said this TV is non-responsive to the power button so I can get no trouble codes off of it. I have checked for any CRT coolant leakage and after a thorough look I found no signs of leaking so this is not the cause of death on the TV. I also checked all fuses I could find and also saw no leaking capacitors. I am suspecting this to be a power supply issue (or a possible logic board issue?)

I am no electronics expert so be somewhat simple in electronics terms here. I am also very aware of high voltages inside the TV and I was very fortunate to not get zapped by it while disconnecting the flyback. Can anyone advise? Any other clues I should look for?

You can see the TV here:

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
It sounds like a weak power supply issue. It could be due to a dried-out small electrolytic capacitor in the primary side.