Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power button circuit seems dead (Android tablet). How to check it?

gilga

Mar 18, 2017
Hi!

I've got an Android tablet (discontinued Archos FamilyPad 2: https://www.europeanconsumerschoice.org/...).
I've let it fall some time ago and now it can't turn on anymore.

the symptoms:

- Pressing Power On button: nothing happens, screens stays black.
- Pressing reset, Power On for 10 sec, pressing Vol+ and Power On (as I've seen it can power on sometimes): nothing happens.
- charging the tablet: there's a red light showing that it charges. I've tried to leave it for 2 days: it still can't turn on.
- Plugging the usb to the PC (windows or Linux): the tablet is not detected.

I've checked the battery with my multimeter, and it displays +4V. So I guess it's okay.
Ds6jj

xoRPb

UxIzg

tECuKg5PnojUpPN3.huge.jpgView attachment 32705 pFpIuHTF2XNmVUo3.huge.jpg
I think I should look at the power button itself and the circuit connected to it. I push the button, nothing works. How can I check where the problem is? Maybe trying to trigger the POWER signal without using the power button itself?

IMG_20170318_105715.jpg

IMG_20170318_105727.jpg

IMG_20170318_105744.jpg
9EkE2

hFXGJ

4AMzK

Thanks a lot for your help!

Attachments

• YOLpW6TLGiGv5pOn.huge.jpg
    YOLpW6TLGiGv5pOn.huge.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

garublador

Oct 14, 2014
You can check continuity across the buttons when left alone and then again when pressed to make sure the switches are working. My guess is they are.

My experience is that most, if not all of the Android devices I've seen will power up when connected to external power and/or USB. If it isn't powering up then it's probably something else. Given that it doesn't show up as a USB device it probably isn't that the screen isn't working.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Voltage does not sound right. What is written on the batteries and what connection.