Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power bank PCB

Mikebravo

Nov 12, 2016
Hello everybody,

For a project I need to build a custom 5000mAh power bank with 2 USB (1A) ports and a microusb, 4 leds to indicate the battery level. I will need to make a small batch of these (100-200 units), hopefully without wasting too much money on it.

I have these options:

- buying a batch of powerbanks, taking them apart, and putting the pcb+battery in my custom casing.
(which I want to avoid)

- buying the pcb that already has 2 usb ports, 1 charging port, and 4 leds, and the battery separately and putting them together in my custom case
(sounds good)

- creating a new pcb for it
(which I want to avoid)

- any other ideas are welcome :)

I'd like to keep the cost under 10$ for the circuit board and battery if possible (if impossible, as close to that as possible).

I saw some power bank pcb/ic boards online for 1$, but all from unreliable sources, do you have any idea where I can buy quality circuits of this kind? maybe without the usb ports soldered on so I can place them in my case where I want them to be and just solder a small cable from the usb ports to the board?

Same thing goes for the battery, do you have any good sources of batteries?

Thanks a lot!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It is probably worth speaking to a manufacturer or distributor of these devices. You may get a good discount on this quantity.

Do these all have to be separate, or will they be in one enclosure?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Why not use a single large battery then?

Why do you need 300 to 600 USB ports in a single enclosure?

Perhaps you can tell us what you're actually planning to do so we can give you a good solution rather than getting distracted by your solution.

Mikebravo

Nov 12, 2016
noooo, what i meant is the pcb and battery in one enclosure, not all of them xD it's just a simple powerbank

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Why not just buy them and use the enclosure they already have?

I doubt you'll get the source you want for the price point you mention. You may, if you order a far higher qty.