Connect with us

Power Adapter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by darrind66, Oct 29, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. darrind66


    Oct 29, 2010
    Working on a project, I have a power adapter with a female barrel type connector on the end, to go down to 9v. What would go into the end of the barrel plug that I would put on my board? A jack of some sort?
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    It's a regular power connector jack.
    Be warned, there are several sizes of barrels AND pins for those connectors.
    All the ones I've seen are in millimeters. Get an exact measurement for the pin (and
    inside dimension of the barrel jack). If you get a smaller pin than the barrel, you'll have
    intermittent connection problems.
    I don't know where you're at, Radio Shack used to carry them. Any other electronics parts
    stores in your area would have them. If you're unsure of your measurement, take the
    connector to the store with you.
  3. barathbushan


    Sep 26, 2009
    ask for a male barrel connector ,but first check the the voltage using a multimeter
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day