Connect with us

Potentiometer search CTS 50K linear taper 1 turn

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by EastCoastToast, Jan 5, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. EastCoastToast


    Dec 21, 2015
    Hi everyone,

    I'm repairing a hotplate and looking for a specific 5 pin, CTS, 50K Ω, linear taper 1 turn with flatted shaft potentiometer. It has a black coin piece that attaches to the back of the pot and drops down into the pcb to interface with other components. pot is an X type and reads 42110503 9737 R0C which doesn't correspond to CTS' coding.

    The problem is that when the shaft is pressed directly down at the furthest point it completes the circuit and heats the unit I'm in the process of disassembling it but if that doesn't work out I'll have to replace it with a very similar unit.

    Maybe someone else has some other resource or is able to google better than I.

    Similar datasheet:


    Attached Files:

  2. Bluejets


    Oct 5, 2014
    Piece at the back looks like a switch (125VAC 3 Amp) so look for a switched pot or....
    replace with a standard pot and a seperate switch that could mount elsewhere perhaps.
    When searching you need to state rotary switch or push pull or push push for the switch.

    Here's one from Digikey...1/4W carbon.....rotary switch ....didn't look at voltage rating , just a quick Google.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Martaine2005 likes this.
  3. EastCoastToast


    Dec 21, 2015
    I did discover that was a switch and that they were separate components. Yeah I've come across that one as well, don't think it will work in this application. Flatted shaft and the mounting style are the most important. It wont fit in the housing. Thanks for your input!
  4. Martaine2005


    May 12, 2015
    Is called a D-shaft.
    That 50k switched pot is available but the mounting is different.
    Yours has the pcb front mount bracket because it has no threaded outer panel bushing with a nut and washer.
    You could try and find a way to mount one to the front panel and use wires from the pot to the board.
    BTW, the mounting is only to strengthen it's placement on the board. Panel mount wont need it.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day