Connect with us

positive edge triggered D-flip flop....???

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jawadali477, Jan 20, 2011.

1. jawadali477

jawadali477

Jan 17, 2011
    hi,
    i'm working on laser range finder. the purpose is to charge capacitor for nano second time of flight. i'm using positive edge triggered D-flip flop. can some one help me how to control the D-flip flop to charge capacitor for the time of flight. the purpose is that the capacitor start charging when transmission starts and stop charging when transmitted pulse is received.

thanks.

jawad

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You'd be better off with an SR flip-flop because it will have far less internal delays.

One pulse to turn it on, another to turn it off.

How you're going to generate those pulses is another thing...

I would tend to recommend that you sample some of the outgoing laser pulse and detect that using a similar circuit to that used to detect the received pulse. That way the propagation delays through both paths will be equal and will cancel out.

3. jawadali477

jawadali477

Jan 17, 2011
    can you please help me with the cct?

thanks

jawad

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Show us what you already have. I'm sure you have researched this a little and have some idea what your idea will be based on. Right?

5. neon

neon

Oct 21, 2006
    nano seconds out of 'D' 'RS' FLIP FLOP good luck

Ask a Question