[email protected]

Mar 26, 2012
I purchased a battry of 12 v 7ah
but it did not work properly and became dead soon
is there any method to check the battry storage and working
either it is ok or not?????

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
What do you mean by "dead" 0 voltage, device shuts off etc?

you can try charging it at a slow rate (like with a car battery charger) and then running some tests from there, or usually you can find a charger that will tell you if the battery is good or not

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
How much current did you draw for how long before it died?

Bob

Mongrel Shark

Jun 6, 2012
What type of battery? Ni-Cad? Nimh? Lead acid (if so sealed or unsealed?)? Gell?

Did you charge it before use? Have you tried to charge it since?

What are you using it for?

What is the ambient temperature?

More info please.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
as everyone else has posted, more details are needed. I am assuming you got a sealed lead acid battery, if that is the case you NEED to keep it as close to fully charged at all times as possible as sulphication may start.

to check if battery is working get an automotive probe ( it looks like a screwdriver with a light inside and a wire out of the top usually with an alligator clip on the end) and use that to test if it has ANY charge left. to check if battery is holding max power it needs to be fully charged.

I must also point out here something, you may have bought an SLA battery thinking it'll last as long as the one in your car does, but remember the battery in the car is constantly recharged via the alternator, if your charging plant is too small for what you are using it for then you will constantly drain the battery. this is NOT good for SLA's

give us as much detail about the battery and what you had it hooked up to as well as the charging plant you used as you can so we can help you out more.