Connect with us

Plz explain me behaviour of Speaker

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by moonnightingale, Oct 15, 2011.

1. moonnightingale

moonnightingale

Oct 4, 2011
    I was trying to listen the sound on speaker after LC circuit. the impedance was also matched but when i connected the speaker in standard configuration, i did not hear any sound at that time pic is attached

When i connected the speaker in series between L and C, it gave sound
    How it is possible, one thing i should mentioned that in series, the voltage just before speaker was 3.8 volts and in above stated configuration voltage was 1.6 Volts.

Yes i agree 3.6 Volts drived the speaker but can speaker give sound in this configuration
    I have always seen speakers with one leg connected to ground

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    You also need to pay attention to the impedance of the speaker you're using.
    Does your circuit call for a conventional 8-Ohm impedance speaker, or something else?

3. moonnightingale

moonnightingale

Oct 4, 2011
    The speaker is 8 ohm and i adjusted the value of L and C in such a way that impedance was close to 8
    Even then this strange thing happened

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    In your first picture, the speaker should give out a sound but I have not worked out the cut-off frequency so the output may be greatly attenuated.

In your second picture, the speaker input is shorted so it cannot give any sound out even though you say it does.

5. moonnightingale

moonnightingale

Oct 4, 2011
    Yes i am also amazed
    why it gave sound when it was put in series
    has anybody experienced it anytime

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    you must have drawn the circuit incorrectly its pretty much impossible for sound to be produced in that second pic configuration

Ask a Question