Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Plunger switch help please?

Petel

Mar 20, 2010
Can anyone assist with the following please?

Seeking a spring loaded plunger switch ( car door/ fridge door style ) which gives a short signal when cycled. I would use the term " Momentary " but am not sure that this would be correct.

By this I do not mean "Push to make" or "Push to break" but rather, a non latching plunger switch which makes electrical contact only in mid travel. This switch need only have two terminals, though a multi purpose unit would be acceptable provided that it has the desired function.

Any suggestions as to the supply of such a switch would be grately appreciated.

Thank you.
Petel

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm not aware of any such switch. Perhaps you could make one using a plunger with some sort of cam on it that closes the switch part way through its travel.

Do you want the switch to close on release as well? or just on press?

It can also be done fairly trivially with some electronics. But it depends on the load you need to switch.

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
Never heard of any such switch. That does not mean it does not exist.

The closest thing I can think of is to take a spring loaded linear pot and put a window comparator circuit on the output voltage of the pot. The output of the window comparator will do what you are looking for.

---55p

Petel

Mar 20, 2010
Hello to you both and thank you for your input on this question.
Petel

Donald123

Mar 25, 2010
It is a single pole normally open or normally closed momentary switch. You can try any appliance store or electric supply house usually carry a wide range of "limit switches" maybe a set of magnetic reeds surface or recessed type, what are you using it for?

Petel

Mar 20, 2010
Hello and thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.
Petel