Connect with us

Please tell can mobile with 3.7V battery run fine on 3.8V battery ?

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by m.bhattia, Oct 6, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. m.bhattia

m.bhattia

Oct 6, 2015
    Hi,

I have a mobile, i.e. Lumia 535 which has 1905 mAh , 3.7 Volts battery, It is said that it can also run 3.8 volts 2200 mAh battery of other model. My question is that could it damage my phone ? It is only difference of .1 volts.

Please explain me.

Thanks,

Aiden

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    If the batttery fits into the compartment, connectors and all, that should be o.k. There is a chance, however, that the new battery will not be charged completely by the phone's internal charge electonics, so you may not get the uptime expected from the 2200mAh.

m.bhattia likes this.
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    tho a fully charged 3.7V battery is likely to be 3.8V or a little higher anyway

m.bhattia and Harald Kapp like this.
  4. m.bhattia

m.bhattia

Oct 6, 2015
    That's what I think is correct. I believe batteries voltages are not necessarily same as written on back of batteries when fully charged, means if it is showing 3.7 volts, then it would be different when fully charged :) I think I should get 3.8 volt battery to use in mobile until scientists figure how to make new graphene battery for mobile which will last much longer :)

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    A 3.7V LiIon battery actually charges to 4.2V and discharges to under 3V. The 3.7 is just a nominal value for the average voltage over the discharge cycle. I would like to see a link to two batteries. It is likely the 3.8V is the same type of battery as the 3.7 with the manufacturer using a different end of cycle voltage.

Bob

Ask a Question