Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please recommend books on building remote controlled models

ketanrd01

Aug 11, 2014
Could someone please suggest me a good book for learning about how to make RF devices please?

Thanks in advance....

Last edited:

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
What kind of "RF devices" do you want to learn how to make?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
You mean remote controlled (RC) devices. I've fixed the thread title.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
No worries. And please don't call us "sir". We are all just people, just like you. Apart from Ian, the administrator. You should call him Sir. :)

Sorry I can't answer your question. But I would start with an Amazon.com book search on remote controlled models.

Frenoy Osburn

Nov 20, 2014
I did work with UAVs and from what I understand, there are two very different requirements. The "system" as a whole has to work, irrespective of how the object is controlled.

That means for a plane, it has to be flight worthy, following all the aerodynamic principles, only then you can control it; either with an on board controller or remotely.

For a car, the demand is much lesser, and control is simpler.

Am I reading you correctly? Do you want to learn how to control these things remotely? Or build it completely from scratch?

It would also help to know what background you have with electronics, that would enable us to suggest accordingly.

EDIT: Or do you want to learn how to make RF devices, as in the radios, stack (firmware), antenna considerations which would be used to control planes and cars? I would call this learning how to make RF data modems.

ketanrd01

Aug 11, 2014
Am I reading you correctly? Do you want to learn how to control these things remotely? Or build it completely from scratch?

It would also help to know what background you have with electronics, that would enable us to suggest accordingly.

I have worked with all sorts of controllers. I have always used modules like zigbee for making remote controlled devices.

All i would like to know is how to make one by myself...so a book that would help me learn how to make this stuff from scratch
thanks all.....

ketanrd01

Aug 11, 2014
N Kris, i call you sir out of respect for you knowledge and you are senior to me as well...

Frenoy Osburn

Nov 20, 2014
OK, sorry I will not be of much help. I was intrigued by these modems but whenever I thought of building one, the FCC certifications always put me off.