Connect with us

Please identify this component

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by skarkowtsky, Apr 2, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. skarkowtsky

skarkowtsky

Apr 2, 2013
    Hi guys,

I don't have the pieces in front of me, and this is the only photo I have. The board is 25+ years old.

Any idea what the blue discs, circled components, yellow component and white cube are? I've been told the discs are single-turn trim pots, though I've yet to find these in a four-year search.

Thanks!
    John

[​IMG]

2. Electrobrains

Electrobrains

Jan 2, 2012
    Hm, from my experience 25+ years back picking apart those old televisions and other things, I would guess:

-blue cylinders: electrolytic capacitors, NiCd batteries or maybe trim potentiometers
    -encircled black components: diodes or temperature fuses
    - white cube: (polyester or polycarbonate) foil capacitor 0.68uF/100V
    -yellow components: vintage foil capacitors

3. skarkowtsky

skarkowtsky

Apr 2, 2013
    Thank you, Sir. I just tracked down very similar yellow foil capacitors and the thermal cutoffs. Still on the hunt for the cube and blue discs.

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    You can find out what they are from the markings on the components.

5. skarkowtsky

skarkowtsky

Apr 2, 2013
    Hi shrt.

I have tried searching the numbers on the blue disc, but to no avail. I know nothing about circuitry, and only need to replicate this for a prop (non-functioning).

Any help identifying is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    John

Ask a Question