Connect with us

please help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by hoolko, Sep 16, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hoolko

hoolko

Mar 14, 2013
    newbie here....i have a 90vdc motor...1/4 hp and weighs about 17 pounds...for power i have an ac to dc speed controller rated 0-90 vdc,,,,when hooked up works but seems to be under powered, specially with the high torque motor has,,,,should i have a 100vdc power supply cause of the power drop ive heard about? also, does anyone know where i can buy a simple(?) ac to dc power supply(non adjustable) to use? i need inexpensive...my current ac to dc adjustable power supply cos about $35 thankyou, Nick

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Do you have a drag on the rotation? Is this an old used motor, with possible bad
    bearings? Is the motor getting unusually hot during operation?

3. hoolko

hoolko

Mar 14, 2013
    thanks...brand new $125 motor......no heat.....i think i need 100vdc input???

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Is your power supply big enough?

The motor will take about 2A so you need a power supply capable of 3A or so.

5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Good advice from duke37.
    With a new motor, your problem is more likely a current issue, than a voltage one.

Ask a Question