Connect with us

Please help with Kinetic Audio Amp

Discussion in 'Audio' started by skylar coy, Apr 29, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. skylar coy

skylar coy

Apr 29, 2017
    man, thats dumb they should have just made 4 and 8 ohm jacks whyd they do that?

last thing. currently, the COM wire which is labeled as going to ground on the schematic is currently being connected when a cable is plugged in to the bottom jack switching it therefore making a contact with that com wire.

So basically I can have nothing in the bottom jack, and have a 8 ohm jack up top or have something plugged into the bottom jack which will be four ohms and have the top jack disabled.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  2. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir skylar coy . . . . .

INVOLVED PICTORIAL REFERENCING:

SPWEAKER_SWITCHES.jpg

Al of the possible inserted jack combinations are being shown, and their results via their dotted signal flow paths.

Check this out and see what the RED BOXED ? wire . . .which I couldn’t make out the color of . . . . is being connected to.

It seems to be THE one needed to connect to the 8 ohm output of the transformer to give all of the possible plug in combinations shown.

16 ohms is definitely not in the power output mix, as it is only receiving a negative feedback loop.

Are you wanting combinations of 8 and 16 instead of the present 4 and 8 ?

My bottom left page markup is using RED boxes for the wire connections and the YELLOW-RED boxes with YELLOW pointer lines, for the actual contact areas being involved on the jacks.

To not read the shorted contact action between YELLOW-RED C and YELLOW-RED A you need to pressure A aside enough to slip a shard of paper between their contact action normally being made. Then you can test
    without that shorts presence.

Sooooo . . . . . . . see why free floating GREY is not making its continuity to ? . . . . RED C

Thassssit . . . .

73’s de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  3. skylar coy

skylar coy

Apr 29, 2017
    That wire that you could not make out is the one touching the red wire :)

4. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    That then changes the first pics situation, wherein you will be having 16 ohms out the jack into the speaker plug.
    The other two pics remain the same at 4 ohms output.

5. skylar coy

skylar coy

Apr 29, 2017
    You are very helpful Edd :)
    That's quite odd they must have modified it to give it 16 ohm capability also. I want 16 ohm and 8 ohm capability though and have it wired properly. Would I not just return it to stock as the schematic says and then replace the 4 ohm wire with the wire running off the 16?

6. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    The way the unit is now wired, will give you 16 ohms if a jack is plugged into the first picture.

If you lift the B wire going to its present BLACK 4 ohm output connection and move it up to the Grey 8 ohm output connection and leave the prior BLACK connection unused.

You will then have 8 ohms output as in picture two connection . . . . or 8 ohms to both output jacks as in picture 3.

The present wiring treatments state and its soldering, needs some heav-eee quality control.

7. skylar coy

skylar coy

Apr 29, 2017
    Yeah, the previous owner really screwed it up. I will re do it when my new transformer comes in :)
    I am not sure what you mean by moving the 4 ohm B wire and moving it to the grey 8 ohm output connection. Sorry for the confusion! By output connection do you mean the terminal on the jack or do you mean where it currently is in the circuit, disconnected, sitting on the terminal. If you want me to connect it to where C is, where will C go?

Am i wrong saying that I put the 8 ohm wire where the 4 ohm wire is? Is that not just swapping 4 and 8 ohms. So whatever was 4 ohms would become 8

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    no, not dumb .... it stops a 4 Ohm and an 8 Ohm speaker being used at the same time

Ask a Question